Friday, May 29, 2009

The Joy of the Elders....

I had to share a video link this morning that literally brought happy tears to my eyes. I love seeing this. It made my day! I know it will bring a smile to your face, too!

An old couple walked into the lobby of the Mayo Clinic and spotted a piano. They've been married for 62 years and he'll be 90 this year.

It's all attitude. Enjoy!!


http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4365716

I do SO miss my grandparents.

Regarding the above photo: I don't know who these folks are, but on the back is written "Love's Old Sweet Song." Perfect! Here are the lyrics to the song...


Once in the dear, dead days beyond recall,

When on the world the mists began to fall

Out of the dreams that rose in happy throng,

Low to our hearts love sang an old sweet song,

And in the dusk where fell the firelight gleam,

Softly it wove itself into our dream...


Just a song at twilight,

When the lights are low;

And the flick'ring shadows,

Softly come and go,

Tho' the heart be weary,

Sad the day and long,

Still to us at twilight,

Comes love's old song, Comes love's old sweet song.


Even today we hear love's song of yore,

Deep in our hearts it dwells for-ever-more,

Footsteps may falter, weary grow the way,

Still we can hear it at the close of day.

So 'til the end when life's dim shadows fall,

Love wil be found the sweetest song of all...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a wonderful Friday!

Bless'd Be!

ME

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful video & such beautiful words! oh my, i miss my grandparents too. . . precious memories.

    ReplyDelete